Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crazy Crap Item #134: The part where Roxi is misidentified by a cab driver

Last night, Roxi joined me for a festive evening of watching the season premiere of America's Next Top Model, snacking on delicious snacks, and drinking Champagne in a can.

As the hour grew late and the hostess grew tipsy, Roxi decide a trip home in a taxi would be in order. She called later to recount her conversation with the driver, recreated here via email:

Cabbie: Where did you come from?

Me: I ran from over there. [pointing to your house]

Cabbie: You came from out of nowhere. Like a hooker.

Me: I'm not a hooker.

Cabbie: But it was like a hooker. Coming out of nowhere.

Me: I'm not a hooker. [laughing]

Cabbie: You are laughing a lot. Are you drunk?

Me: No, I'm not drunk. [laughing]

Cabbie: You had nothing to drink?

Me: Okay, I had two drinks. But I'm not really drunk.

Cabbie: Did you smoke hashish, too?

Me: No.

Cabbie: Are you sure?

Me: Pretty sure.

Oh, our Roxi. A giggling, hashish-smoking, drunken hooker, for sure.

No comments: