Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Crazy Crap Item #173: The part where I receive expert weight-loss advice

Friends, I am pudgy. Not obese, mind you. Just a bit squishy. I get this way from time to time, and I've found I can beat back the waves of flab, fairly successfully anyway, through Weight Watchers. They have a nifty online version, which means I can continue on in my ongoing effort to never leave the house.

Anyhoo, after denying the fact that my clothes were feeling just a bit too snug for several months now, I decided to hop back on that weight-loss bandwagon. I was reasonably good last week; not abstemious, but making some wise choices and making a better acquaintance with our treadmill. And lo, I am rewarded. Since last wednesday I lost a whole pound! Smirk if you will, one pound is a very nice start, indeed.

But what was ever more pleasing was the message I received upon logging in this week's weight on the WW site:

WAY TO GO! Congratulations for losing weight this week. We hope you're thrilled with the result. Here's a quote by Aristotle that we thought might strike a chord with you: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

Aristotle is helping me lose weight. Awesome.

No comments: