Thursday, June 26, 2008

Crazy Crap Item #197: The part where Jack demonstrates his knowledge

So, since surgery for me is looming, and since it so perfectly coincides with our upcoming block party, I felt it was prudent to prepare my young friends for my lack of participation in said festivities. I'm hoping to muster, post-fibroid-removal, at most a hearty lawnchair sitting. And since James, who cannot see me in the vicinity of grass without demanding that I spin him around or hoist him upon my shoulder, I decided a few weeks of knowing such frolics were not forthcoming would be advisable.

I would be going to the hospital the day before, I explained. There were some nasty sores they needed to take out of my belly. Then I would come home, but I would have to rest a lot, what with all the doctors having been in my belly and all.

James looked concerned. "How will they go in your belly without hurting you," he queried.

"They have special medicine," I explained, "that keeps it from hurting."

"Oh, yes, medicine." Jack intoned, with a blase-ness one never quite expects from a six-year-old. "Morphine."

Oh, how fast they grow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

after looking at the only pictur on your site that you have posted it occurs to me that maybe i do have a better picture of you...or maybe i dont.

A long long time ago, at DVC, i was just this normal kid, who was blinded by the beauty of the players at the theatre of DVC.

I saw the play the Tempest, and the boyfriend. And i got to meet the cast thru my camera.

and I still have many pictures from that production. Did you particpate in that.

Or did i come across as a romantic and forlorn idiot, forgetting that the names of people and collage days that you posted about could have been anybody and anywhere. since you didnt post locations in your other blogs.

i guess the name adrianna villem could have naturally occured a few times over the last hundred years.

but if im right send me a tag and I will upload the pictues to flikr or an other upload site...

dont try to contact me directly, since as we all know, there are idiots, predators, and crazy people in the world...i could be one of these or maybe im just the thespian that i always wanted to be, all the world is a stage and we are the players in it.

Anonymous said...

5 minutes later after reading your resume and looking at your professional website...I see that i Erred.

Dvc isnt listed and why would it be..its not a big university.

You probably only met Ms Villem when you Both were at UCLA, before she married Marty, before the kids.
She proabably did a few plays there before the rest of her life.

In your resume i dont see any ref to any acting, tho even after i Joined the Army in 85, i Tried to stay true to myself(shakespere) and stay connected to the stage.

Wish you could have been in more stage production(s) after your college days, im sure you would have had more fun, as i did.

SO, your a proofreader? heh, i might have to send you a book that ive been working on for 5 years. sci-fi story, set in the here and now, or maybe not. seems the bookstore are full of unsold books.

Ive bookmarked your blog and will continue to read your updates from now on, hopefully you wont have to ban/block me, and hopefully i wont do anything to upset or abuse you.

thanks for posting to the world and letting the rest of us know what crazy crap is floating thru your head.