Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy Crap Item #205: The part where Roxi weighs in on a proposed charitable act

I have not cut my hair for a year. Last holiday season, I decided, in a fit of tipsy philanthropy, that since my hair was just sitting there, doing nothing, I should harvest it for Locks of Love, an organization which supplies wigs for kids who, due to medical reasons, can't grow their own hair.

I've had long hair in the past. It's been straggly, thin. In a word: unfortunate. So I was not looking forward to this.

But lo and behold, it's grown out rather nicely, lovely layers and all. Which led young Roxi to say to me, just last night:

"Screw the kids with cancer. You look great with long hair."

God bless us, every one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Just give them cash and keep the hair. Think of how much you've saved in haircuts this year and give them that $$. I vote to keep it too.