Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crazy Crap Item #242: The part where Halloween holds new thrills

As is well known, Jack is a bona fide Halloween fanatic. 'Round about May, he starts asserting that Halloween is next week, and suggests that we start planning our costumes and other hijinks.

So when a catalog arrived from a Halloween costume company -- in the high-summer season of late August, mind you -- I knew what to do with this.

"Can I have it?" Jack asked with wonder in his eyes as I handed it off. I assured him he could.

He immediately plunked down under a tree on our parkway with catalog in hand, accompanied by Sam and James. I went on my merry way.

Later, I passed by, only to hear Sam leading the trio in cries of, "Sick! Gross!" I had to investigate.

My inquiry led to a furious whipping of pages, accompanied by "Show her! Show her!"

At last, they lit upon their quarry. It was a photo of a cheery model wearing an adult-sized Wonder Woman costume.

"SICK!" they cried out.

"But that's Wonder Woman!... WONDER WO-MAN!" (This last sung from the theme song from the 1970s TV show.)

"But look what it says!" Sam directed, and I beheld standard-issue costume catalog copy.

I looked at him, puzzled, and he continued, "It says she's sexy."

"Yes?"

"Ewww. That's sick!" Sam asserted, and Jack and James chimed in assent.

There was a long pause. Then, Sam continued.

"What does sexy mean?"

And... scene.

No comments: