Monday, April 03, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #59: The part where I break the bank, Kay-style

Dear friends, I am not a fashion plate. I have gone through phases in my life where nearly every article of clothing I owned was either purchased from a thrift store or given to me aS hand-me-downs. I've worn '80s tunics in the mid-'90s, and still own Tshirts that advertise musicals I appeared in when I was a newly minted college graduate. I've treasured outfits that would only remain on my body if they were safety-pinned into place.

But every now and again, I feel like stylin'. Old-school stylin'. And thanks to "What Not To Wear," I've developed a new mantra: If the outfit looks bad, it's the outfit's fault. Which has done wonders to change my habitual hatred of cramped dressingrooms and 3-way mirrors.

So that's what happened this weekend. Most unaccountably, I wanted to try on clothes. I wanted to hear the static crackle in my hair as I pull yet one more knit top over my head. I wanted to give a pair of open-toed sandals a tryout as I perused the purses.

And I did.

Which leads to today's riddle:

How much shit can you get for $300 at TJ Maxx and Kohl's?

Answer: A whole lotta shit. And I did.

No comments: