Friday, December 14, 2007

Crazy Crap Item #145: The part where I find the perfect holiday gift

On a recent trip to the market, while perusing the "seasonal" aisle, I found a most remarkable item. A plastic reindeer. Filled with candy. When you press down on it, it emits a piece of candy and drops it into a sack marked "Santa's 'presents.'" As you can imagine, it's quite classy.

So needing to purchase this item, and similiarly needing to spread it as far and wide as possible, I picked up three of them. One I deposited in Eamon's stocking. The other two, I crammed into the Caseys' mailslot. They just barely fit.

Later, I emailed Ann to ensure she was aware of this offering an its source. I wrote:

I left a small offering in your mail slot. It's for the boys. It's ... strange.

She replied:

So you're the one responsible for my boys talking about "super yummy reindeer poop?" You have given them the opportunity to talk about poop and eat candy at the same time - the perfect gift. We spent some time trying to figure out which neighbor might have left the pooping reindeer in our slot - when I mentioned your name among a series of neighbors Jack yelled "Yes, Kay!"

I am renowned.

No comments: