Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crazy Crap Item #210: The part where I share beard lore

Well, I'm about to head out to Southern California. Sailor Jack has fractured his arm -- and injury encountered in a violent brush with a kitten, or so I'm told. I think he just regularly breaks or replaces body parts to ensure I come out to visit.

Before I go, however, I must share two recent beard-related phenemona.

Phenomenon #1: Eamon's out of control facial hair
As many know, Eamon has ceased removing any hair from his head. No hair cuts, no beard trims, nothing. This has been going on since August.

Me, I'm cool with it. I've enjoyed tracking the various characters he takes on as the hair grows. These have included:

-- A young Santa Claus
-- A cast member of Cats
-- A Greek god
-- The Gorton's Fisherman (from Gorton's of Glouchester)
-- A Russian mobster
-- Rasputin

His two latest favorite phrases have been, "Go ahead! Tug on it! It's strong!" and "It's like wearing a mink on my face."

Recently, he decided to memorialize his growth in fantastic collage entitled "Things my beard can lift." The set of photos also include closeups of various components he is lifting.

Phenomenon #2: A wonderful new ode to the beard and what it goes with
We do not know the master songsmith who created this ditty, but we were directed to it by Mr. Chris Czajka.

1 comment:

Bones said...

That is fucking awesome.

I can't decide whether I like the globe or the iron best.

Suggestion for a future stage of hair grow: fabulous furry freak brother.