Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crazy Crap Item #217: The part where James sums things up quite nicely

Recently, my neighbor Ann had to go to the dentist to get a crown. She asked if I would hang out with James (age 4) while she did so.

I cherish any time I can spend with either or both of the Casey boys under any circumstances, so I readily agreed.

Most of the hour or so were spent with him demonstrating his many toys, making my knight battle his (I always lose), and with the eating of snacks. But we also steeped ourselves in philosophical discussion. To wit:

James: What comes before 4 and 102?

Kay: I don't think I understand your question.

James [said with greater emphasis]: What comes before 4 and 102?

Kay [not wanting to have to count from 1 to 101]: Well, every number before 102 is what comes before 1o2.

James: Yes, and 1, 2, 3 come before 4.

Kay [relieved]: Yes, that's exactly it.

James: 1 you wear diapers; 2 you wear diapers; 3 you wear underpants; 4 you wear underpants.

Kay: Yes. And what comes after 4? What do you wear then?

James: After 4, it's all underpants, all seasons.

And....scene.

No comments: