Thursday, January 19, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #31: The part where I drink it all in

So, according to New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, his town is the metropolitan equivalent to chocolate milk.

After circulating this comment to some of my friends, I had to ask, "What is the beverage equivalent to Chicago?" I'd proffered sasparilla, for no good reason, but my good friend Will Kelly had the definitive response:

I am glad you asked Kay, I see Chicago as a 7-11 Slurpee. Basically because it is cold, and at the same time so lovely to eat/drink thus making it a drink and a sweet treat. Another reason I think we are a slurpee is because of 7-11's open policy on mixing flavors, you can go crazy or go with a single flavor. I feel that mirrors all the tastes and flavors of Chicago.

I'm so glad that's settled.

No comments: