Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #27: The part where the name of this blog is suddenly and unexpectedly justified

Things have been slow, crazy-crap-wise. My life has been painfully normal the last few weeks, which makes blogging about the insanity nigh unto impossible.

And then...

I begin to sift through a crapload of materials for a variety of projects I'm doing for a client. One is a return to a project I'd done some work on before, faculty profiles for a redesign of a college website. I'd drafted about half the profiles last fall; now I was being asked to input changes from the client on all the profiles completed and send them back to the client for final approval.

So I'm sifting through the profiles I didn't write to get a sense of the scope of the project.

And then I see it. A profile of a young theater professor. And I recognize the name. Sure, maybe it's not such a stretch. I'm from L.A.; the college is based in L.A. I've done theater, and did a lot of performing in my home town.

But still, what are the odds that a random prof at a random college would be the KID WHO PLAYED SEYMOUR WHEN I PLAYED AUDREY IN LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS MORE THAN SIXTEEN YEARS AGO????

Clearly, it's one for the crazy crap record books.

No comments: