Monday, March 06, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #47: The part where I gain a new perspective on things

This weekend, I was struck with spring fever. Which means spring cleaning. I'm not sure what possessed me, but I decided to clean all our upstairs windows inside and out.

What I found was amazing.

First off, after toddling onto my porch roof to get the outside of my office window, I discovered/realized that nearly all our windows are designed to tilt when detached, so you can clean the outside from the inside. Ah, the wonders of modern science.

Secondly, as vile and disgusting as the mix of dried mud and raindrops on the outside panes was, the yellow film that came off on my rag when I washed the inside panes was far more deplorable. The previous owner was, I understand, a heavy smoker.

Finally, now that my windows are clean, I'm stunned to discover what a lovely neighborhood I have. Who knew?

No comments: