Thursday, May 11, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #77: The part where Eamon plays coy

Last night, in my duties as freelance theater critic, I had opportunity to attend a storefront theater called the "Cornservatory." See, they do comedies. Corny comedies. So instead of "conservatory," it's called "cornservatory." Get it?

Anyhoo, my beloved husband did me a solid by picking me up after the show, as he was in the neighborhood attending a roller derby scrimmage. Apparently, the jauntily wacky sign announcing the presence of the Cornservatory amused him. As I got into the car, he said in a tone of dignificed reverance, "You were at THE CORNSERVATORY," as if to say "you were at the Met." Then, as I recounted how awful the show was, he kept interjecting, "Really? At THE CORNSERVATORY??" in a tone of shocked dismay. It was funnier than the entire show.

1 comment:

Gwynn Dujardin said...

You should have a parent advisory on the blog, Kay, because that is the kind of discussion that should only be shared with cornsenting adults.