Monday, November 21, 2005

Crazy Crap Item #11: The part where I learn the legends are true

This morning, Roxi IM'd me to ask if I'd ridden the Santa Express. Of course, I'm /sure/ this is leading to some form of bawdry, and I wrack my brains for a pithy response. Alas, it's Monday, so none comes. So I go for a more traditional response, included below, except that I removed all my spelling/typing errors:

kaydaly88: um
kaydaly88: i'm a little afraid to ask
kaydaly88: what the santa express is

Then she unfolds unto me a tale of fantastically wonderful, CTA-sponsored holiday cheer. I'd heard rumors before, but had assumed it was an urban legend. Quoth she:

i was waiting for the red line yesterday down on north and clybourne
and then it pulled up COVERED WITH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
inside there were elves and all the ads on the top were for places in the north pole all the lights were red and green
and the middle of the train was taken out
and there was a sleigh instead!
with santa claus on it
waving at everybody!
and all of chicago was waving back at us and laughing

And just in case I think she's yanking my metaphorical crank, she provides photos and this story from the CTA.

It's a wonderful commute.

No comments: