Monday, June 26, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #88: The part where Aunt Sheila pulls a boner

During my visit to Long Beach for my brother's wedding, I had the pleasure of dining at Chili's with my parents, Eamon and my Aunt Sheila and Uncle Frank.

Aunt Sheila ordered the "fajita pita." Just like it sounds, the "fajita pita" consists of fajita-style meat served in, well, a pita. To keep the pita from unattractively flopping over and spilling its meaty goodness, it is served in a metal rack of sorts.

During the meal, Aunt Sheila commented on the cunning rack, which of course led to a rack jokes of all sorts from my rather bawdy family.

And yet, despite that prep, when the waitress arrived to clear our dishes, Aunt Sheila looked her right in the eye, and, without a trace of irony, announced "I just love your nice little rack."

The server, who was, in fact, not terribly well endowed, froze, wide eyed. Then everyone at the table, except my aunt, fell off their chairs laughing.

Sheila will never be the same.

No comments: