Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Crazy Crap Item #45: The part where the world just keeps getting teenier

My good friend Nicole has enlisted me for an interesting project. She is launching a new website in St. Louis, and as part of her promotion, is providing content to the website for the all-new Kevin Kline Theater Awards in the same city. And she has kindly procured my services to create profiles of various nominees for said awards for the launch.

This is a fun and exciting project. However, I live in mortal terror of interviewing people until I have at least /some/ idea of their background, accomplishments, etc. So before I contact any of them, I do a little online research.

As I am doing so for the thrice-nominated Michael Hamilton of Stages St. Louis, what should I find but a page in which he is quoted touting a pair of casting directors. Which is perfectly fine, except that I know one of said directors -- and in fact, sold one of my first published articles based on a long interview with her.

And thus, the world grows just a bit teenier.

No comments: